Sort and Scan Your Printed Photos
Have you got boxes of printed photos somewhere at the back of a cupboard? Maybe you’ve inherited one or even two family photo collections?
It is awesome to have printed photos! They are usually very precious to us and it’s great to be taken down memory lane but most of the time they are just left to collect dust.
Why not save them AND get them back into your life?! The way to do this is to first sort them and then digitize at least the most important photos. This not only will give you peace of mind that the photos are stored safely but makes it a lot easier for you to actually do something with them. For example, a photo book of your ancestors or maybe your own childhood. The sky is the limit when it comes to creative projects with digital photos.
It pays to spend a bit of time at the beginning to prepare for scanning by sorting everything beforehand. The preparation really is the key to a smoother scanning and post-scanning process.
You only want to do this job once so let’s make sure you do it right. Let me teach you the very same process and method I use with my clients to transform their physical photo collections from cluttered and unusable to beautifully sorted, digitized and archived.
The Sort & Scan course includes:
- 3 modules: Sorting, Scanning and Archiving
- A clear step-by-step process.
- Downloadable workbook including lots of checklists, cheat sheets and templates.
- Access to a private Facebook group for accountability, support and encouragement.
- The freedom to work at your own pace.
- Life-long access to all the course materials.
- The peace of mind that your photos are safe, for you and coming generations.
This DIY Online course is perfect for you if:
- You want your physical photos sorted, once and for all.
- You want to enjoy your photos and get them back into your life.
- You want to do all the fun photo projects you’ve been dreaming about for years.
- You want the confidence and peace of mind that your photos are safely backed up.
- Time to do the hands-on work required for such a project. Depending on the size of your collection and how much time you can invest, it can be a few days all up or sometimes weeks.
- Your tech level should be intermediate, which would be knowing how to use a variety of programs on your computer, how to navigate on a computer, how to browse the internet and download software.
- My goal is always to work with what you have wherever possible, however, there will most probably be a necessity for you to invest in some additional hardware or materials, for example, a scanner or archival storage options for your physical photos.
- Introduction: Steps to success
- What you can expect
- Your presenter
- Know your Why
- Module 1: Sorting printed photos
- Get ready for sorting
- Gathering all your photos
- How to handle albums and frames
- Decluttering photos
- Module 2: Scanning printed photos
- The right scanner
- Get ready to scan
- How to scan printed photos
- Scanning with a phone
- Bonus tips
- Post-scanning tasks
- Module 3: Archiving printed photos
- Bonus Materials
About your presenter
My belief is that photographs give us the ability to overcome time and distance, strengthen family ties and even shape identity. I would love to help you experience this for yourself through a well-organised photo collection.
I understand how overwhelming it feels to be facing a photo organizing project. You might be daunted by the sheer number of photos you own or worry about technology. I’ve been there too! Not only have I done the same steps for my clients but also with them or I showed them how to do it themselves.
Let’s get your photographs sorted and digitised together so that you can share them with your family, now and into the future.
What if I don’t have enough time to do the course all in one go?
As mentioned above, the modules are all recorded and are accessible to you at any time. You can go back as often as you like and for as long as you need to.
I haven’t got a scanner – do I have to buy one and if so which one?
You don’t necessarily have to buy a scanner, there are other options such as renting one. I cover all the options in detail and also explain, which scanners are best depending on the photos that need scanning.
Are you demonstrating how to scan?
No, not at this point in time. This is simply due to the fact that there are a variety of scanners and I might not have the same one as you. However, I am sharing general settings and tips and tricks that are applicable regardless of your choice of scanner. There is always the private Facebook group where I will happily answer your specific questions.
Does it matter what computer I am using?
Not at all. There might be variations depending on the scanner you choose. Generally, they operate with Windows or Mac, you will simply need to download the correct software when you install the scanner.
Do I need to have an external hard drive to store the photos?
It depends on the size and the available storage space of your internal hard drive of you computer. Before we start creating the photo hub, we will establish whether you need an external drive to hold your hub.
I have a question how can I contact you?
The easiest and fastest way will be posting in the private Facebook group. If you are not on Facebook, an email will be your best option for urgent questions. If it’s not urgent, you can ask at the beginning of the next online session.
Is there ongoing support once I have completed the course?
If you have questions after the course, the private Facebook group will be the place to have your questions answered. Should you need more support, we can always book a one-on-one online session at the hourly rate.
Why should I take this course and not just simply ask Google?
- You might find a lot of confusing and incorrect information on the internet. I want you to learn which tools you can use and why, as well as how to use them.
- Learn from the comfort of your home.
- You’re not alone! You’ll work with like-minded people and not only get the accountability but the motivation and encouragement, too.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise I have acquired over time working with many clients.
- This isn’t just a course full of tips and tricks; it’s a complete step-by-step comprehensive blueprint for sorting, scanning and archiving printed photos.
- The course focuses on the latest industry standards.