Organising Printed Photos - Home Organiser Edition
Next course starting in February 2023
Thursday, 23 February 2023 at 7 pm
Wednesday, 1 March 2023 at 7 pm
Friday, 10 March 2023 at 6 pm
Tuesday, 11 April 2023 at 7 pm
The days of the week and times vary on purpose to give everyone the chance to join a live-class at least once.
The times are Melbourne (Australia) time, AEDT
DO YOUR HOME ORGANISING CLIENTS HAVE BOXES FULL OF PRINTED PHOTOS?
It is awesome to have printed photos! They are usually very precious to us and it’s great to be taken down memory lane but most of the time they are just left to collect dust. This is probably no different for most of your clients.
When you work with your clients, I’m sure you often come across printed photos, sometimes in the most unexpected locations throughout the house. Sometimes they are even damaged or mouldy. Does that sound familiar and are you wondering how to approach that challenge? Maybe clients ask you: “Should I scan them all?” or “What on earth should I do with these slides and negatives?”.
As a professional photo organiser and manager, I’d like to empower you to assist your home organising clients when it comes to decluttering and organising printed photos.
Not only that, the question whether and how to digitise photos will most certainly come up, too. In this course, you will discover different options, pros and cons and the latest technologies, so you can support your clients making an informed decision.
And why not take the next step and also encourage your clients to bring those newly sorted and discovered photos and memories back into their life? We will look at countless options and ideas to share and enjoy photos. Of course, storing them the right way to preserve them for many years to come is also an important topic we will cover.
Let me share with you the very same process and method I use with my clients to transform their physical photo collections from cluttered and unusable to beautifully sorted, digitised and archived.
The ORGANISING PRINTED PHOTOS course includes:
- 3 online live-classes: setting up for success, gathering, decluttering and sorting / scanning / photo projects and archiving.
- 1 follow-up Q&A class
- A clear step-by-step process.
- Downloadable workbook including lots of checklists, cheat sheets and customisable templates.
- Access to all class recordings.
This course is perfect for you if:
- You are a Professional Organiser
- You want to learn how to help clients to overcome typical stumbling blocks.
- You want to give your clients hands-on help with decluttering and sorting their physical photos.
- You would like to discover best options to digitise printed photos so you can give advice and assistance to your clients.
- You want to encourage and inspire your clients to enjoy their photos and to get them back into their life.
- Time to do the online classes. A class runs approx. between 45 – 60 minutes on average.
- Your tech level should be intermediate, which would be knowing how to use a variety of programs on your computer, how to navigate on a computer, how to browse the internet and download software.
- Class 1: Decluttering and sorting
- Welcome and Introduction
- What you can expect
- Your presenter
- Setting your clients up for success
- Gathering all your client’s photos
- Decluttering and sorting assistance
- How to handle special formats (photos in frames etc)
- Class 2: Scanning printed photos
- Get your client’s photos scan-ready
- Digitising options – DIY vs Outsourcing
- Scanning with a phone
- Bonus tips
- Post-scanning tasks to keep in mind
- Backup digitised photos
- Class 3: Photo Projects and Archiving printed photos
- Photo project ideas for your clients
- Best-practices to archive printed photos
- Class 4: a follow-up Q&A session 4 weeks after class 3
About your presenter
My belief is that photographs give us the ability to overcome time and distance, strengthen family ties and even shape identity. I would love to help you experience this for yourself through a well-organised photo collection.
I understand how overwhelming it feels to be facing a photo organizing project. You might be daunted by the sheer number of photos you own or worry about technology. I’ve been there too! Not only have I done the same steps for my clients but also with them or I showed them how to do it themselves.
Let’s get your photographs sorted and digitised together so that you can share them with your family, now and into the future.
What if I can't join the live class?
I am not a professional organiser, can I still join?
I'm a new professional organiser, can I still join?
Do I need to buy any equipment?
Why should I take this course and not just simply ask Google?
- You might find a lot of confusing and incorrect information on the internet. I want you to learn best and current practices we use in the photo management industry.
- Learn from the comfort of your home.
- Benefit from the knowledge and expertise I have acquired over time working with many clients, in-home and remotely.
- This isn’t just a course full of tips and tricks; it’s a complete step-by-step comprehensive blueprint for decluttering, sorting, scanning and archiving printed photos.
- This course is tailored to professional organisers who want to assist their clients with their printed photos without having to become a photo organiser.
Does it matter what computer I am using?
Not at all.
Are you demonstrating how to scan?
No, not at this point in time. This is simply due to the fact that there are a variety of scanners. However, I am sharing general tips and tricks that are applicable regardless of your choice of scanner.
I haven’t got a scanner – do I have to buy one and if so which one?
You will not learn how to scan in these classes and you will not need a scanner, nor will you have to invest in one. In this class, I will share best practices and digitising options that are currently available. This doesn’t mean that you or your client have to digitise their photos. The goal is to give you enough insights so you can assist your client to make an informed decision with regards to preserving their photos.
Do I have to become a photo manager member?
Is there ongoing support once I have completed the course?
If you have questions after the course, we can always book a one-on-one online session at the current hourly rate.