Be Uncluttered and Photo Organising for Printed PhotosOctober 7, 2020
This week, I had the pleasure to be chatting with lovely Rebecca from the Be Uncluttered podcast about all things printed photos.
We all have them – photos! And they can be a real space-hog and stress when they aren’t organised. We talked about the ones stashed in places all over the house and taking up space in giant albums, or at your parent’s place just waiting for you to inherit them!
Things we discussed were:
- Start with a clear vision/ goal for your project. Do you want to leave a photo legacy for others? Maybe you want to digitise your collection?
- Gather all of your photos together – including negatives. Remember to prepare the environment for this project. You will need ample space to spread and time to finish it completely. Use sorting boxes or bags if you need a quick pack-away.
- Sort/ Group. Choose a method that works for you (eg chronological, event etc).
- Cull/ Declutter. Try staying on track and save the trip down memory lane for once the photos are organised. Also consider an accountability partner.
- Store appropriately in archival quality boxes and in a dry, darkish place. Avoid damp, light, hot, pests. Consider adding silica gel sachets to the boxes to make sure everything stays dry
Thanks so much for having me!
Click on the button below to listen to the episode and check out their other episodes, too!